Key system components
Rainplus®, the syphonic rainwater drainage system is made up of two main components, each of which were designed and engineered in order to reach maximum drainage performance in
conjunction with installation flexibility and ease.
Outlets and accessories
One of the key elements of the system is the Rainplus® outlet that was designed and manufactured to meet the requirements and testing criteria set by the international standards EN 1253 and ASME A112.6.9. The main components of the Rainplus® outlets are made of stainless steel or molded aluminium alloy, protected by a special resin that makes them long-lasting and weatherproof. The main features are as follows.
- Wide range of drainage flows (up to 65 l/s with Rainplus® 40-110 and up to 14 l/s with Rainplus® 56).
- Reduced roof water levels required to trigger the syphonic action.
- No swirls thanks to the special profi le of the anti-vortex blade and reduced pressure losses at the inlet.
- Low noise levels.
- Maximum operation stability.
- Easy installation thanks to the reduced number of components and compact size. For example, Rainplus® 56, in the version with horizontal connection, can be installed inside the roof slab thanks to a height of just 104 mm.
- Connection with the Valsir PE® system is extremely reliable.
- Suitable for installation in gutters, even of small dimensions, or on roofs covered with any type of waterproofi ng material.
- Anti-leaf grating has a special profi le that does not compromise outlet performance.
Pipes and fittings
The Valsir PE® product line for the creation of syphonic drainage systems is available in diameters 40mm up to diameter 315mm and is characterised by a wide range of fittings such as access pipes, elbows, reducers and reduced branches.
The use of Valsir PE® pipes and fittings offers numerous advantages:
- Possibility of pre-fabricating system parts and mounting them on site thanks to the light weight of the components.
- Savings in labour costs thanks to rapid installation times.
- Possibility of choosing from the different connection types such as butt-welding or electro-fusion couplings.
- No material wastage makes it more economical.
- Increased safety of the systems thanks to the excellent mechanical characteristics of Valsir PE®.
A system made of quality
Valsir HDPE® pipes and fittings are manufactured to EN 1519 and have been approved to many standards worldwide (Aust Stds, CSTB, IIP, KIWA, SKZ, ETA, Lloyd’s Register, etc.). The light weight and wide range of pieces available make Valsir HDPE® the ideal solution for the construction of siphonic drainage circuits. Valsir HDPE® also offers great installation flexibility thanks to the various jointing methods, such as butt-welding and electro-fusion.